<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Magix 'n' Curses
..the argument continues

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Beware of Airtel - 4


This was when I decided enough was enough.

The story until now:
Beware of Airtel - Prologue
Beware of Airtel - 1
Beware of Airtel - 2
Beware of Airtel - 3

---------------------
Dated: 24th April, 2009


Guess what?
My problem still isn't resolved.

And guess what? "Due to security reasons", I wasn't allowed to talk to Mr. Mehul. This time, I spoke to someone called Krishna who was the "Group Manager" (I don't understand the hierarchy at all). He said I have no other option but to go to an Airtel Gallery and submit the documents.

So much for Mr. Prashanth's commitment that I don't have to visit an ARC, and so much for Mr. Mehul's "100% assurance" that my problem will be resolved and he'll get back to me.

And to make matters worse, your customer care number 98920 98920 is NOT toll free. I called them up from my Chennai number (98405 xxxxx) last night, and my balance went from 100+ to 0. I had to call them from a friend's number now. I can pay my friend whatever that call cost him. But who's going to reimburse me for calling from my roaming number?

I was initially just frustrated, now I'm furious. I've been on roaming for the last 3 days.

As of now, that darned sim card has cost me over Rs. 400. It has also taken up a lot of my time - time which I could have spent productively on my project. Looks like Airtel is not just going to cost me money, it's just going to rob me of a PPI/PPO. Thank you so much.

I don't want to speak to "group managers" and "team leads" of the customer care anymore. I'd like to speak to someone much higher up. Technically, I shouldn't still be made to talk to anymore people.

And I'd like SOMEONE to actually take accountability for this. I'm sick of listening to customer care executives constantly passing the buck on to someone else and shirking responsibility under the worst possible excuse called "security reasons".

Harish