<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Magix 'n' Curses
..the argument continues

Monday, September 12, 2005

Out of focus


It happened in a split second.. and my world came crashing down. I lost my focus in life.

Before you start to panic thinking I've entered depression, lemme put things back in perspective. Remember the 1.9k glasses of mine (where 1.9k = 19 followed by 2 zeroes)? They broke!

They meant the world to me. They went crashing down. And I literally lost focus! :P

So much for all the hullaballoo it generated in my commentbox! It hardly lasted 3 months. All it took was a careless flail of my friend's hand, as it crashed into my specs, jamming it into my forehead and breaking the lens. My eyes were lucky enough to escape injury. I was left with a scratched eyebrow, a broken lens, a sorry looking stick that held the lens in place and an extremely crestfallen heart.

"I don't mind spending so much for you", my sis told me when she bought it, "but please be careful". That was the first thing that came to my mind. The entire day went pretty weirdly after that (happened pretty early in the day), when people found it difficult to recognise me without my specs (when the logic's supposed to be working the other way!), and two paper rockets poked me in the eye when the guys were engaged in a serious rocket fight during a free hour in the afternoon! One from the left, one from the right. These guys should join the missile division!

Now, I'll have to shell out 475 bucks to get a new lens and get it fitted onto the 2 kuchis. :( I'm not asking my parents for it, and I feel too guilty to make my sis pay. It wasn't my fault. It wasn't my friend's fault either. Some things in life just happen. And that means, the USB memory stick I was planning to buy with the money I was putting aside for it, will have to wait.



PS:
vee-jay was right, frame irundha dhaane udayum! adhukku onnum aagala! :)

PPS:
Did I mention the plastic lens was supposed to be unbreakable?