<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Magix 'n' Curses
..the argument continues

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Bummer :(


I've already mentioned this here and here... Yeah, the same thing that made your eyebrows go up high enough to disappear under your hair.

Being in a batch with three gals. In the lab, I mean. :)

But I repeat. I still am "ruing my sad fate"! Here are 10 reasons why I shud mope.

> I don't understand a thing that's being done. I jus' stare in awe, as they expertly make the connections. (Well, not that expertly.. but they do get the right wires in the right holes. Oh, and stop being such a pervert!)

> I've to think twice before kadichufying. But this has never stopped me from kadichufying. :) It's jus' that I'm made to think twice, filter out "offensive stuff, if any" and then say the kadi!

> My name comes in between the names of 7 gals in the roll call. So try what u want, I end as the only boy in any batch of four. Sometimes I seriously contemplate changing my name to Zarish!

> I'm relegated to being the person who has to lift the heavy apparatus and place it where they want it.

> End up looking silly if I hafta fight for a stool to sit on.

> Stare blankly to see them come with a completed obsi (observation note) before we begin an experiment. Of course, my obsi matches my stare. Blank.

> Stare blankly to see them complete the record even as we complete taking the readings. I ofcourse, jus' about manage to get it completed and corrected.. next week!

> Look in envy as they sweet-talk the lab assistant into getting their work done. And when I ask him for help, I usually get a "ada chi.. neeye pannu!"...

> Forced to listen to them giggle.

> I'm left all alone looking at the apparatus with a clueless expression on my face as they happily visit the "restroom" (jeez, why can't they jus' call it a loo like everyone does?!) every half an hour. I'm convinced they have a mini party room in there. Complete with a soundbox, television and yeah, the popcorn!


And as if these 10 reasons aren't enough, I've had more "bad luck". Read on...

The 3 of them get their obsis corrected. Their records too. And when I go to get mine corrected (the standard "one week later") I'm told the graph is wrong, the readings are wrong, everything is wrong! So what's the catch?

I copied it all from them!

And I shamelessly tell the lab-in-charge that.
Me : But Ma'm! I copied the graph from them!
Her : Why? Don't you know how to draw it yourself?
Me : (unleashing that sheepish grin I reserve for lecturers) I wanted to be on the safer side!
Her : So what makes you think their graphs are right?
Me : You corrected them, Ma'm. :)
Her : I don't care. Yours is wrong. Go change it and come.

@&^%$#*&% One of these days...

Update:
Thanx to Blogger, this post got published twice. Then when I tried to delete one, it refused to relent. Now outta the blue, one of them vanished, taking along with it all the comments! :(
But they don't call me Sly Curses for nothing (well, they actually don't call me that at all.. But who cares?!) I'd flicked the link of that particular comment box. So if ya wanna comment, pls do it here..
Comments

hehe!